Stay wise


I have always wanted Kai to be independent. Before we came back, I have already told him many times that once he gets to secondary school, he must learn to take the public transport on his own. Well, he did it the other day and today will be his second time doing it. But…

The son was lost today and the mama was like the ant on the hot pan. It was 3.15pm and he was still not home. Oh Lord, please protect my son. He has been away for a good couple of years so doesn't really know his way. Called up the school and they said that all sec 1s have been dismissed....aiyo, where is my son? Called him on his handphone, no reply. Finally, he came home at 3.30pm.


son: I took the bus from the wrong side of the road.
me : Where were you?
son: I think Funan, Bras Basah area
me : (Eyes big big) Why you didn't call me?
son : Left my phone at home, on silent mode
me : How did you manage to come home?
son : Cross the road and take 33
me : Very good!
me : Scared? Did you cry?
son : No, through out the journey, I could recognise all the places
me : Well done


I am thankful for the opportunity to raise up my two kids on my own. Every opportunity I have, I bring them out, using the public transport. I kept reminding the kids to observe their surroundings and stay alert. It pays off. Sometimes, as parents, we tend to do everything and give the best for our kids. We tend to always keep them on the safe mode without realising that it may not be the best for them. Exposing them to challenges in life at a younger age will make them a David at a later age.


Straight As is one thing, being street wise is another. It's survival!

Good job, my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment